Friday, October 23, 2009

It was written I'd give them a tour!

Sometimes you get this feeling something had to happen... That's the case of my tour for Dee Ann Arp and her group! It's a bit complex, so I'll try to sum up:

- Dee Ann contacts me through one of the sites I advertize in, Ourexplorer.com. She needs a tour for a day, and I'm available, so she can book me now (through that site, because that is the way Ourexplorer works).
- Last minute, Dee Ann's group have to change the date and I'm not available anymore for her, so I cannot give her the tour.
- I recomend her other colleagues at Ourexplorer, but in the end she finds someone else outside of Ourexplorer to give her the tour on the day she needs.
- She doesn't know, but she has contacted Jose, a good friend and colleague of mine that I often recomend (but this time I hadn't, because he is not in Ourexplorer).
- Two days before her tour, the group decides to have a museum tour on the day before the city tour they have booked with my friend Jose.
- Jose is not available, but he calls me to substitute him, and I'm available that day, so I accept.
- I give the museum tour to Dee Ann and her group, and only at the end we realized I was the tourguide she had previously contacted at Ourexplorer!
Unfortunately the next day I was already booked (that's why I had had to refuse her Ourexplorer booking), but they had their city tour arranged by Jose.

Amazing, isn't it?
Well, here is the letter I just got from her:

Hi Marta,
Thank you for our tour. I knew you would be great. You were the best guide ever. It became our mutual agreement which we repeated over and over to each other "WE WANT MARTA!" You spoiled us. If you ever come to America, you can stay at any of our homes. We are spread out over Texas. We all have extra bedrooms and would welcome you. Thanks again!

Dee Ann Arp

No comments: