Saturday, March 6, 2010

Letter from Marisa Misron, from Kuala Lumpur

Marisa was visiting Barcelona for the first time and asked me to give her a 6h tour to get a good orientation of the city, that she'd continue to explore on her own during the rest of her stay in town.

The day was a bit rainy, but we managed to cover so many things I couldn't even believe it. And we were moving just using public transportation! We took one taxi, then the bus, the subway and we walked.

I gave her lots of recomendations and ideas of things to do. We got along really well, she is a charming woman. Here is the letter she is sending me on her last day in town:

"Hi Marta
It´s my last night in Barcelona and I´m sad to be leaving. I´ve managed to go to so many places, my legs and back are hurting from so much walking. But it´s all good. :)
I went to Montjuic - it was beautiful and the weather was perfect. I took your advice and took the train to Paral-lel and I´m glad I did, because after the castle, it was all a downhill walk, thank God! Suffice to say, I think I lost some weight after all that walking.
I also visited Casa Mila and Palau de Musica Catalana, both definitely money well spent. I ate the chocolate cake at Bubo - sinful! So I felt guilty and walked along the waterfront, and then walked to the Colom and up La Rambla. Took a side trip to Palau Guell but didn´t go in. I had a late breakfast at the market (had the fritata the omelette and potato - is that how you spelled it? It was yummy).

Tomorrow is souvenir shopping time in the morning before I fly back to London in the afternoon.
Thank you again for being such a great guide! I hope to come back again soon and visit your lovely city again. And I will again stay at the hotel Denit. I´m so lucky for a first time visitor to encounter you and the hotel. :)
Much love,
Marisa

No comments: