Monday, April 11, 2011

AVE train to / from Madrid


As I was sharing on my previous post, I was this weekend in Madrid and I used the AVE fast-speed train instead of flying.

I found it a very confortable and fast travel option.
The Station in Barcelona is Sants EstaciĆ³, and the station in Madrid is Puerta de Atocha, both quite centrically located.
The access to the plaftorm opens 15min before departure, and closes 5min after departure. No need to be there way ahead of time!
You can even buy e-tickets on line (the earlier you buy them, the cheaper they'll be!):
http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/ave/index.html
The train was clean, the seats where comfortably wide, there is a cafeteria on board, and a movie is played during the trip. If the train doesn't stop in intermediate stations, the whole ride can be done in little less than 2.5 hours!

No comments: