Monday, April 25, 2011

Letter from food blogger Erika Shimahara

Last week I gave a foody tour to Erika Shimahara, a blogger that writes a gorgeous food blog: The Big "E" (for "eater"). We toured the Boqueria Market as well as my favorite food stores in the Old Town. She wrote a great post on the sweet part of the tour, and I left her a little comment on it. This is the email she sent me in return:

Dear Marta,

Thank you for your comment on my blog!
I am back in California, overcoming jet lag at the moment.

I sincerely appreciated the tour your provided. I learned a lot and you showed me some terrific places.
I saw you a few days later at Sagrada Familia, but you were quite engaged in giving a tour so I kept quiet. I kept thinking about how the group you were guiding was fortunate to have you!

I went back to Quim's and Pinotxo again on my own and tried to talk to the cooks. They were very nice to me. I felt terrible taking photos, unable to speak to them in anything but horrible, broken Spanish. They must have thought I was just another crazy tourist! In any case, I was very appreciative of their kindness, and wished I could have conveyed this to them.

I hope we have an opportunity to cross paths again, Marta. You were a excellent guide.

Bona Pasqua!

Best wishes,

Erika

PS: By the way, I'm sure the chefs at la Boqueria haven't thought at all she was "still another crazy tourist": Erika is so delicately well behaved and charming!
I also wished to share that b
y the time I'm writing this post, she has already added another great post on her stay in Barcelona. It's about our Chocolate Eggs tradition for Easter Monday - "la Mona". You can't miss it!

No comments: